Friday, November 16, 2007

Ponchette

Now the Fingerless Mitt Swap is over (will have a special post on swap once my recipient gets hers) I decided to start something new, despite already having a million things on the go. Naughty I know - good thing I haven't signed up to No-vember!

I bought this 'Cool Hemp Ponchette' pattern at the UK SnB day. Its a really simple lace pattern and looks very elegant worn (the lady on the stall was wearing one). I'm knitting it in Black Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK on 5.0mm circulars. I didn't buy any hemp for the project because of the cost and it felt slightly coarse to me, although I'm told it gets softer when you wash it.

Here's a pic so far:



I'm on my 4th repeat and I have to do 30! I can see myself getting slightly frustrated (pattern only calls for K, YO and K2tog) so may have to have something else on the go too.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Hi

I went to the SnB in London last weekend and I bought that pattern too. Like you I thought the wool was expensive and coarse too. I was going to search for a yarn substitute but I see you are using Debbie Bliss's yarn. How do you find it for this pattern?

It looks lovely so far.

I might knit mine over Christmas as I have a few WIPs at the moment.

Happy Knitting.

Bee